Would you trade places with someone of a different race and be treated as they are in society? Join us on a journey to gain insight on your answer.
Antiracism Study-Dialogue Circles
Watch for Future Dates
* Understand who we are as a "raced" people.
* Build relationships with people from many walks of life in the community with honest and deep dialogue.
* Engage in an extended dialogue with others who desire to eliminate personal and institutional racism.
* Learn how to articulate key issues.
* Learn how to become an effective facilitator in our journey towards change.
* Receive assistance in creating and committing to an individual action plan.
Sponsored by and for:
Circles of Support-Community Action Duluth
Xavier Bell - 726-1665 firstname.lastname@example.org
Peace UCC Dismantling Racism Team
Nam Provost - 525-4542
YWCA - eliminating racism, empowering women
Ellen O’Neill - 722-7425
Additional Sponsors: The Northland Foundation,Duluth-Superior Area Community Foundation,Saint Mary's Duluth Clinic, Minnesota Conference of the United Church of Christ
“The circles helped me to learn how to be part of a larger movement and feel less helpless.” -Toni T.
“The 12 week ASDIC circle experience was powerful and moving beyond my expectations. It has made the words ‘I'm Not Racist’ stick in my throat. Learning about the insidious nature of white privilege and how it affects all people of color has shaken me. I am convinced that the responsibility for healing our ‘Beloved Community’ rests squarely on my white shoulders.” -Gail B.